This article may contain affiliate links. For full information, please see our disclaimer page
- 1 Port Canaveral Cruise Port Guide
- 1.1 Port Canaveral Cruise Port – Cruise Terminals
- 1.2 Where is Port Canaveral Cruise Port?
- 1.3 Parking
- 1.4 Parking fees
- 1.5 Transportation
- 1.6 Attractions near Port Canaveral Florida
- 1.7 Places to eat near Port Canaveral Cruise Terminals
- 1.8 Hotels
- 1.9 Country Inn & Suites by Radisson
- 1.10 Homewood Suites by Hilton
- 1.11 Residence Inn Hotel
- 1.12 Radisson Resort at the Port
Port Canaveral Cruise Port is the world’s 2nd busiest cruise port after Miami (in terms of passengers). We took our very first cruise from this same port back in 2004 onboard Royal Caribbean’s Mariner of the Seas. We’ve been hooked ever since. Its location makes it extremely convenient to get to with 4 airports in close proximity
What’s more, Port Canaveral has first-class recreational facilities. Exploration Tower, Jetty Park Beach, and some great waterside restaurants all combine to offer guests pre and post cruise options or activities.
There are 7 cruise terminal at Port Canaveral. All are very well signposted as you approach the Port.
- CT1 Terminal — 9050 Discovery Road
- CT2 Terminal — 180 Christopher Columbus Drive
- CT3 Terminal — 32 George King Blvd.
- CT5 Terminal — 9245 Charles M Rowland Drive
- CT6 Terminal — 9241 Charles M Rowland Drive
- CT8 Terminal — 9155 Charles M Rowland Drive
- CT10 Terminal — 9005 Charles M Rowland
Port Canaveral is located on State Road 528 (the Beachline Expressway) providing quick access from Orlando and from Interstate 95.
The port is connected north-south to anywhere and by an efficient system of east-west highways, from the super route 528 but also from SR 46, SR 50, SR 520, the Florida Turnpike and Interstate 4.
Click the image below to enlarge port map (then click on map to zoom in even further)
Preferred Parking is offered at Cruise Terminal 8 and is located adjacent to the terminal. The rate is $20 more than the standard parking rates.
Disabled Parking special parking spaces are provided for the disabled and parking is free if your vehicle has special equipment (ramps, lifts, foot or hand controls) or a Florida Toll Exemption permit
|Nights||Regular ($)||Oversized ($)|
There are four international airports nearby. All are serviced by shuttles, taxicabs, limousines and car rentals.
- Orlando International Airport — 45 minutes
- Orlando Melbourne International Airport — 40 minutes
- Orlando Sanford International Airport — 60 minutes
- Daytona Beach International Airport — 65 minutes
Many area hotels provide transportation between Port Everglades and the hotel for pre-booked reservations. Contact your hotel for details..
Amtrak has an Auto Train station in Sanford, 60 minutes away, which is a Silver Service line to Orlando. (Visit Amtrak.com for details.)
Greyhound Bus Lines has two terminals nearby—at Orlando Melbourne International Airport and in Titusville (which is the closest bus terminal, about 25 minutes from Port Canaveral).
There is a wealth of nearby attractions that you can visit either before or after your cruise if time allows.
- 5 Minutes to Cocoa Beach Pier
- 8 Minutes to World Famous Ron Jon Surf Shop
- 15 Minutes to Veterans Memorial Center
- 20 Minutes to HistoricCocoa Village Shopping
- 20 Minutes to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- 25 Minutes to Space Coast Stadium
- 30 Minutes to Brevard Zoo
- 35 Minutes to Merritt Island National Wildlife Reserve
- 40 Minutes to Orlando International Airport
- 1 Hour to Orlando Theme Parks
Grills Seafood Deck & Tiki Bar – We have only ever had breakfast here but the food and service is great. The location is amazing and they have a great outside Tiki Bar if you want to spend some time there watching cruise ships depart.
Zarrella’s Italian & Wood Fired Pizza – The food was good. Service was a bit haphazard in that our entrees came about 30 minutes apart. Very friendly and apologetic though so would give them the benefit of the doubt and go again. If you are staying in one of the hotels we recommend further down then this restaurant is within walking distance of most of those.
Seafood Atlantic – Seafood Atlantic features locally caught fresh seafood as well as fresh seafood from other suppliers. This has an outdoor casual atmosphere where you can enjoy your meal while watching the cruise ships go by.
Fishlips Waterfront Bar & Grill – Casual waterfront dining downstairs, covered patio, indoor sports bar, and sun deck with Tiki bar upstairs.
Gator’s Dockside Port Canaveral – Family-friendly, sports-themed restaurant offering a fun atmosphere. Known for big-screen TVs, great food and friendly service.
There are a number of hotels within close proximity to the Port Canaveral cruise terminal. We have selected a few that we have used and can recommend for both convenience and price. Hover over the image below for more details or click the button below each for prices.
Homewood Suites by Hilton
Port Canaveral's cruise ships are a mile away, and the Kennedy Space Center is less than 20 minutes. Boeing, SpaceX, NASA, and United Launch Service are nearby.
Residence Inn Hotel
Residence Inn is one of the closest all-suite hotels to Kennedy Space Center and to Port Canaveral. A modern, resort-style hotel offers a wide variety of amenities that cater to the leisure and business guest.
Radisson Resort at the Port
Situated in the heart of Cape Canaveral, Radisson Resort at the Port makes it easy to stroll down Cocoa Beach at sunset or discover the world of space travel at Kennedy Space Center. Cruise passengers can book a park and cruise packages, which include round-trip shuttle service to Port Canaveral and free parking at the hotel.